Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pineapple pork tenderloin

- Courtesy of DH (dear hubby)

My DH got this for Yule, as we LOVE thai food, but usually end up making the same red panag curry as always. So new inspiration is always nice.

"The best recipes from Thailand"


There are alot of recipes I want to try, but as it's my DH's book, I'm going to let him give it a go (I tend to take over in the kitchen 'cause I feel it's my domain)


The other evening, after a long a grueling shift in the E.R., I came home to the most delious smell from my kitchen and a beautiful table set for two.
(He is SUCH a romantic!!!) 




My DH tends to make his thai dishes really HOT when it comes to spices, so I was a bit intimidated at first, but it was simply scrumptious!! (and of course he had made enough for me to take along for my evening shift next day.... again - he is simply the best!)

Now I don't want you to feel left out, så voila:

Pineapple Pork Tenderloin
Serves 4. 

4 thick slices of pineapple
600 g pork tenderloin
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. freshly grated pepper
1 tbl.sp. flour
2 tbl. sp. sweet soy sauce
2 tbl. sp. palm sugar or brown sugar
2 tbl. sp. ricevinegar og a mild whitewine vinegar
1 dl. pineapple juice
3 tbl. sp. peanut oil
2 laurel leaves
Serve with a salade

How to:
Peel the pineapple and remove the hard stem in the middle. Rinse the tenderloin and pat it dry, remove tendons and carve it in aprox. 1 cm thick slices. 

Beat the slices flat with a meat-hammer and mix with the salt, pepper, flour, soy sauce, palm sugar, ricevinegar and pineapple juice. 
Cover the meat and let it marinate for about 1 hour in the fridge. 

Heat up the peanut oil on a frying pan/wok and brown the meat. Add the marinade and laurel leaves. 
Let it all simmer for about 3 min. Turn the meat and add the pineapple slices. Let it simmer another 3 min. til nice and juicy. 

Serve with salade and/or rice and ENJOY!!

Yum-YUM-YUUUUUM!!

The sweetest man in the world!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Thanks for linking to What'd You Do This Weekend. Come back next week with more goodies!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby would flip over this. He loves pineapple and pork. Thanks for sharing! Pinning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments Ashley and Linda. Def. not the last recipe from that book we're trying. Next week it's chili duck wok :)

    ReplyDelete