Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ginger Lemonade



So it's Flu-season here in Denmark and because I work at an E.R. (sadly no George Clooney...),
I am around sick people 8 hours every day.....
and in order not to get sick myself I try and take my vitamins and generally stay healthy......

AND I also drink a shot of my moms delicious secret health elixir (sounds exotic.... no??!) to help boost my immunesystem.

It's quite delicious and also good mixed with Gin or vodka ;)


2 lemons, 1 lime, Ginger and Bottle

Pennies Flu-be-gone Health Elixir

3 Lemons (Or 2 lemons and 1 lime if that's what you have...
sorry mom!)
1 big hunk of gingerroot. 
2 liters of water




Peel the ginger and slice. Peel lemons (and lime). 
Pop everything (ginger, lemon/lime peel and lemon/lime juice  in pot with water and let boil for 20 min. 

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble!


I drink it with 1:4 parts water or as a shot! 


Add honey/sugar substitute if you want it sweet. (I like it fine without!)
Sift into a bottle and refrigerate. 

Enjoy and say Goodbye to the flu!! 
Pennie :)

2 comments:

  1. Does he work in your ER? I'll be right over! LoL Thanks for linking this to What'd You Do This Weekend. Hope to see your both back next week.

    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa


    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ginger and lemon. It's funny because I used to never touch ginger, but now can't get enough! It really does help with sickness, and we definitely need that working in the hospital! Thanks for sharing :-) Pinned!

    Ashley @ PioneerMomma.com

    ReplyDelete